Monopolistic states do not allow private companies like those represented by insurance agents to compete in the workers’ compensation market. Coverage is provided solely by the state and must be purchased directly from them. Wyoming, Washington, Ohio and North Dakota are the four monopolistic states and if you have employees there, you will need to purchase coverage directly from them. Here’s how you can start the process:
North Dakota: Home l North Dakota Workforce Safety & Insurance
Workers’ compensation is valuable insurance coverage that will provide the following benefits to your employees:
- Medical Expenses for work related injuries. ER visits, surgeries, prescriptions, etc.
- Missed Wages – are very important to your employee who is recovering from injury.
- Ongoing Care – Physical therapy and other long term care expenses can be covered.
- Funeral Expense – From a work-related death.
- Illness – Work related illness may include exposure to harmful chemicals or allergens.
- Disability – If the work-related injury is severe enough disability is covered.
Reach out for more information regarding how to best protect your employees with worker’s compensation coverage from Anderson Insurance Group.